Friday, January 30, 2009

Bicycles

It's always nice to get people in the paper that normally wouldn't. For this shoot, meant to go with a story about the city expanding its Master Plan to include more bike trails and support for bicyclists, my editor Kyle Jorrey asked me to get a nice photo of a family riding together, or perhaps someone on one of the existing bike trails. Unfortunately, the trails were pretty empty and it was quite windy. 

So I stopped by Corriganville, a popular location for mountain biking. It has miles of great trails, an old wash, good hill climbs, and lots of easy, flat areas for families to ride around. 
Instead of families riding slow and taking it easy... 





















These guys were fun to shoot. Although it wasn't what we originally envisioned for the spot, the photos are relevant to the article, and some people who wouldn't normally get any coverage ended up on the front page. So all's well that ends well. 

On another note, I'd really like to run these photos larger, and I'm thinking about opening up a flickr account so I can do that rather than hosting them through blogger. The accounts are cheap... but I'm still thinking. 

No comments: