Monday, January 12, 2009

1/87th Scale Ice Cream

...and everything else, too!
I shot this HO-scale model train layout at the Santa Susana Railroad Depot & Museum around Christmas. They're expanding the layout and thinking of even setting up another, connected layout in the next room. The idea is to represent an entire train ride from Los Angeles to San Francisco.
The engineer in these photos is Amos. Each engineer brings their own engine to the layout, and sometimes cars as well. If they don't have cars, they can use the "club cars" that live on the layout. There are train yards, where each engineer picks up and drops off cars, working versions of the hammer-shaped oil rigs that dot our local mountains, buildings and farms... the detail is incredible.
It's definitely a place I would love to visit again soon.






This was definitely a situation where I might have got better results by bouncing flash off the low ceiling, but I just didn't think of it. Ah well, I'll remember next time. These were all shot at ISO1600 and are a little too noisy and color-shifty for my taste.

No comments: