Saturday, June 20, 2009

Not Graduations.

I feel like all I've been shooting for the past few weeks is graduation after graduation. I hear the song in my sleep. All the speeches sound the same. You really get stuck in that rut!
But I haven't been shooting ONLY grads. Here are a few photos from the not-graduation assignments of the past couple weeks.
A benefit concert by Jet Stream at The Canyon Club, for 15-year-old Taylor Messina. The concert, silent auction and raffle raised funds for Messina's treatment for Stage IV Midline Carcinoma.


IS 104 Taylor Concert copy

Some wild art for Moorpark at Underwood farms. Little kids and strawberries. Let the insanity begin.

IS 115 Mpk Wild Art copy


IS 116 Mpk Wild Art copy


IS 117 Mpk Wild Art copy

The One Gathering in Camarillo, 14 local churches came together for Pentecost. It was massive.

IS 123 One Gathering


IS 122 One Gathering


And on the other end of the spectrum... the wine and food fest for Casa Pacifica out at CSUCI.

IS 229 Wine Food
(I love the shot above. I really, really wish it had run. Something different!)

IS 228 Wine Food


IS 230 Wine Food


I went out to the Camarillo Pond Rats pond for the very first time in Acorn history (we're fairly new to Camarillo) and shot some photos of the guys racing their RC boats around the pond. Those guys are FAST! The boats were super trick, I ended up with about fifty really nice shots. I normally wouldn't shoot so many, but I was having a good time playing with shooting angles and the water reflections and spray (plus my new lens' servo - first test!). I promised to post more photos here, so in a couple of days when I get all those edited I'll upload some additional photos from this event.

IS 312 Boats


IS 314 Boats


IS 313 Boats


And finally, the Greek festival in Camarillo. The photo that ran was of the "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" star, who came to sign posters for her new movie "My Life in Ruins." I didn't think it was as interesting as these shots, but you know... celebrities... I guess just don't get that excited about them as most people do!

IS 315 Greek Fest

IS 316 Greek Fest

In other news, I am now on twitter! My twitter name is "snapitsiris"... yes, as in snap like a camera shutter. You can follow me and my daily adventures shooting. I'll add a direct link here to my twitter profile for easy access.
And the 70-200 arrived safe and sound just before graduations began. It's a beast, a big lump of metal and glass to lug around, and it's already making me wonder if my chiropractor offers frequent flyer miles. But it shoots like a dream and I'm thrilled to have it. It was so nice for graduations.
Next up: the photos from said grads!

No comments: