Friday, May 29, 2009

Camping Trip!

Back from vacation in the June Lake Loop, bearing good and bad news.

Good news first - we had a great time! I shot some digital, brought along the Mark II for the very first time on family vacation, as well as the Yashica 124. Joe brought the field 4x5 and also his A2E. We shot some of our favorite films, 320 Tri-X in the Yashica, Delta 100 in the 4x5, some very old, color-shifted, semi-exposed Polaroid type 59, and we even shot one roll of Agfa 25. Oh how I miss shooting with Agfa 25. So in short, we enjoyed the trip immensely.
I took a few digitals - mostly landscapes.
But we did some fishing, some hiking, some fooling around town.


Here are a few shots.


camping07


camping01


camping02


camping04


camping05


camping09

We stopped at Manzanar on the way home and left a 4x5 polaroid at the obelisk in the cemetary.

camping11


camping12


camping13



The bad news - I came home with a broken Mark II. It has started giving me Error 99 consistently, and it won't clear as normal. So I'm taking it in today and really hoping it will be fixed by the time graduations begin. We'll see.

I'm shooting with the 20D until it's fixed, and the 20D has a broken hot shoe. So I have an old bracket rigged up to hold the strobe out to the side... it's a pretty ghetto setup but it works.

That's all for now. Headed out to an assignment!

No comments: